Chevron Phillips SIT Capacity Expansion
- Constructed 130,000+ feet of new track
- Installed 123 turnouts
- Required complex coordination for 3 project sites
RailWorks provided comprehensive track construction services to increase the storage-in-transit (SIT) capacity an additional 2,000 railcars at three Chevron Phillips plants in Texas' Gulf Region. The improvements will help the company improve rail efficiencies and meet customer delivery times for plastic resins.
RailWorks provided the following track construction services:
- Baytown (Cedar Bayou) – Constructed more than 40,000 track feet, including some direct fixation track, and installed 39 #9 turnouts and 4 #11 turnouts.
- Orange – Constructed nearly 21,000 track feet and installed 24 #8 turnouts and 1 #11 turnouts
- Pasadena – Constructed nearly 75,000 track feet including 1,420 track feet of direct fixation track, rehabilitated 2,476 track feet of existing track and installed 47 #9 turnouts, 4 #11 turnouts, 3 #9 turnouts, and one crossing diamond
RailWorks coordinated a complex work plan to complete work at three different project sites.