The Interchange/Target Field Station
- Provided project management
- Demolished portions of the existing light rail system
- Constructed a new OCS and signal system
- Constructed the new guideway track
- Designed, installed and tested the communications system
RailWorks companies combined forces on a project to construct the multimodal transportation hub featuring a relocated Target Field Station as a central element. The Interchange/Target Field Station links light rail, commuter rail and bus service and contains a civic space for retailers, an amphitheater and green space.
The team worked through Minneapolis’ coldest winter on record, including 66 days of subzero weather. Crews stepped up safety awareness and practices to prevent frostbite.