Portland & Western Railroad, Inc.
- Installed 10,000-plus ties
- Relayed nearly 70 miles of rail
- Performed 369 field welds
- Upgraded 25 crossings
RailWorks served as the prime contractor to rehabilitate sections of the 520-mile rail line.
RailWorks installed a total of 10,625 new ties and more than 69 miles of rail relay, completed 369 field welds and surfaced various locations on this Genessee & Wyoming property. RailWorks also completed the following work:
- Removed existing track, prepared subgrade and constructed a 650-foot rail spur
- Rehabilitated two turnouts
- Removed existing rail and relayed 115# rail under traffic
- Replaced switch ties in seven turnouts
- Upgraded 25 crossings and completed related paving and culvert installation
The project was completed on time as scheduled in December of 2006.