Stevens Pass Maintenance Program
- Aligned track at tie-in points
- Cleaned shoulders and ballast at hard-to-reach bridge sites
- Cleaned ditches
- Changed out track panels
The RailWorker®, a turnkey service featuring a hi-rail excavator with a trained operator, worked in conjunction with BNSF crews to perform rehabilitation and maintenance work on the line near Stevens Pass.
The RailWorker® worked at the direction of BNSF foremen to perform three separate projects in conjunction with BNSF MOW crews:
- Assisted in changing out ties and rail and was particularly helpful digging out ballast and ties and aligning track at tie-in points
- Worked with the bridge crew to clean shoulders and ballast on hard-to-access areas on bridge decks
- Worked with the BNSF slot train to clean ditches and change out track panels in the tunnel.
RailWorks provided two sizes of RailWorker® excavators to perform a range of tasks for the BNSF. Because of its portability and hi-rail capabilities, the RailWorker® could more easily reach and perform work than traditional rubber-tired equipment. While performing as a “helper” to BNSF crews, the RailWorker® proved itself an indispensable resource to quickly perform a range of tasks on its own and in conjunction with work crews.