University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) Interlocking
- Removed the existing wood tie track structure
- Installed more than 800 concrete ties
- Installed 2,000 feet of 115RE rail and four panelized #10 concrete tie turnouts
- Performed 147 Thermite welds
- Constructed a 100-foot concrete grade crossing
RailWorks Track Services installed all track components for a new signalized crossover interlocking on the double main track of the St. Louis MetroLink light rail system.
The new installation is located just east of the MetroLink UMSL South Station on the campus of the University of Missouri-St. Louis. In a project valued at more than $2.3 million, RailWorks Track Services’ St. Louis office removed the existing wood tie track structure and followed with the construction of all new track work. The new construction, which occurred over four months in 2012, included installing more than 800 new concrete ties, 2,000 feet of new 115RE rail and four panelized #10 concrete tie turnouts; performing 147 Thermite welds and constructing a 100-foot concrete grade crossing that Metro hi-rail maintenance vehicles will utilize.