MetroLink Cross County Extension
- Constructed 16 miles of track
- Installed traction power system
- Installed communications and signaling systems
The $676 million Cross County Extension added eight miles to St. Louis’ 34.4-mile light rail system. Noted as one of the largest public works projects in St. Louis history, the extension included redesigning a major station, adding nine new stations as well as tunnels, bridges, retaining walls, grading and drainage along the line.
L.K. Comstock & Co. served as the prime contactor and was responsible for the following work:
- RailWorks Track Services provided track construction services – a total of 16 track miles – valued at $23 million. Track construction included 12 miles of ballasted track on concrete ties, 4 miles of direct fixation track in tunnels, 2 115# DF crossovers, 8 115# crossovers, 4 132# crossovers, and 4 132# turnouts.
- L.K. Comstock installed all the traction power, communications and signaling work for the entire project, totaling $78 million.