- Served as prime contractor for $73 million project
- Commissioned new master signal tower
- Supplied and installed signal, communications and electrical equipment
- Installed seven new lay-up tracks
New York City Transit Authority, part of the Metropolitan Transit Authority
Queens, New York
L.K. Comstock served as the prime contractor for this $73 million, four-year project to modernize Corona Yard, which is located in the Queens neighborhood of Flushing Meadows and serves the IRT Flushing Line of the New York City subway system.
L.K. Comstock commissioned the new master signal tower (MST) complex and supplied and installed the signals & communications systems and electrical equipment.
- Civil – Performed civil construction services for the new four-story master signal tower - including new relay, track and CBTC rooms, yard signal tower rotunda, training rooms, communication rooms, office and storage rooms and associated site work
- Mechanical – Installed HVAC, duct work, fans, dampers, plumbing, life safety (wet sprinkler and gear suppression systems) associated controls and the building management system
- Track –Installed seven new lay-up tracks and replace ties at existing switch locations
- Communications – Installed new fiber optic and communications systems
- Electrical – Installed new electrical services, distribution equipmentlighting and power and install new wayside signal equipment.
- Signal – Installed new wayside signal equipment. Upgraded entire signal system, replaced hand-throw and air switches with 39 automatic m3 switch machines; transferred signal control to the new master tower